Monday, February 5, 2007

Page One

I’m from Orange County, CA, USA, and was diagnosed with dysthymia depression in the Fall of 2005 and probably been unaware of the conditions for years previously. While seeking help, I continued to slide downhill until the end of 2006. Now I am slowly crawling my way back up.

I have found it very difficult to obtain information about “depression in men” especially the less severe dysthymia disorder. In response to my search and as part of my treatment, I have created this small blog to organize the information I have read, collected, etc. Please let me know if you have any information, links, bulletin boards, etc. that would be helpful for me and other men.

I am using this blog as part of my therapy; thereby, sharing many of my private thoughts, which includes the people in my life. While I have not used names, I have needed to use informal nouns (e.g., wife, dad, son, etc.). For those of you that know me, you will know the people I am talking about, which could even be you (especially the closer you are to me). I now ask for forgiveness if there is anything in here that is upsetting to you and hope that you can understand that I share these thoughts and/or events as an effort to assist me in my recovery and possibly to help others to see my perspective on things.

I have made every effort not to dwell on any “negative” items but sometimes my perspective may not always have been (or is) the most positive. I truly love you all and while not spoken enough, I am very fortunate and thankful God has included you in my life.

Health Blogs - Blog Top Sites
eXTReMe Tracker